Pallavi at SoulJourn Costa Rica: Jungle Camp in early April.
Explore your "DIVINITY, your DAREDEVIL, and your DO-GOODER," always...but when you need some guidance do it with the ladies of SOULJOURN
"SoulJourn" in magical places all over the world will teach us how to be so connected and empathetic to nature it'll be hard to go back to anything unnatural, after you return
YOU GUYS I'M BACK! It's spring....my favorite time of year. I'm allergy free for the second year in a row thanks to shaklee and a plant based diet and I'm so excited for all of the produce that is abundant during this time of year!
also, its EARTH DAY! Here are 5 things you can do that will save you money and make you more "GREEN." Changing habits is a process and results take time....but really, how many times do magical things happen overnight? unless you've won the lottery.....wait, have you? coz i wanna know.
GO GREEN in 5 easy steps
1. switch from paper towels or cleaning wipes to microfiber cloth for cleaning. wash it, reuse, and stop spending too much money at Duane Reade for Bounty paper towels.
2. Buy produce seasonally and locally....saves a TON of money, really. look into your neighborhood CSA. splitting shares for a CSA between roommates is like a no brainer! Plus the more plants we eat, the ripple effect is that industrial meat production goes down....thus reducing carbon emissions into the atmosphere from machinery, delivery trucks, and methane gas. check out this awesome meal :)
3. Switch to non-toxic cleaning concentrates. The brand I use, Shaklee, not only decreased my allergy symptoms but I bought one $10 bottle of all purpose concentrate that I use for floors, glass, counters, etc in November of 2012 and I'm not even a 1/5 of the way through it....so by the time I get through it....I've saved thousands of dollars. #BOOM Here's a GIVEWAY!
4. Recycle, Reuse, Repeat....it has NEVER been easier to recycle. So just get a couple of cardboard boxes and make one of them plastic and the other paper....easy peasy...
5. When you spend money in general....know where your dollar is going. Support companies doing the right thing. You can even DRINK responsibly! Check out Veev Acai Spirit...a company that plants trees for the sale of their products.
Ingredients for the LEEK meal:
1 chopped Leek
Green of choice (I used Arugula)
half a green apple
1/4 meyer lemon (or regular lemon)
1 cup almonds (soaked in cold water overnight)
heaping handful of chopped leeksblack truffle oil (optional)
Dry Dill (optional)
Lightly Roasted Beefsteak Tomatoes:
2 large ripe Beefsteak tomatoes
3/4 cup chick peas
1 cup chopped mushroom of choice (i used oyster mushroom)
Approx--Tbsp of Soy Sauce/Tamari
quinoa or brown rice (for a side)